The Arrearage Management Plan, or AMP, is a new payment plan option to help income-qualified residential customers reduce or eliminate debt owed on their electricity bills (up to $8,000).
To be eligible, customers must:
- Be enrolled in CARE or FERA state assistance programs;
- Owe at least $500 or more on their gas and electric bill;
- Be more than 90 days past due;
- Be a PG&E customer for at least 6 months; and
- Have made at least one on-time payment.
Customers can call PG&E Customer Service at 1-800-743-5000 to enroll. Learn more on PG&E’s website.
IMPORTANT: It’s important to keep making on-time payments as missing payments could lead PG&E to automatically remove you from the program. Automatic removal could happen if you:
- Miss two sequential (back-to-back) payments.
- Miss a total of three payments (in any order).
- Fail to make the 12th (final) payment.
- Move outside of PG&E’s service area.