- To qualify for the Program, participants must be an active San Jose Clean Energy (SJCE) business account with no past due balances.
Customer and Contractor Terms and Conditions
- Customer must certify that they are an eligible San José Clean Energy customer.
- Equipment must purchased and installed within 90 days of the date of their rebate application and for use in the customer’s business facility and not for resale or otherwise. Equipment must be installed and operational on or after January 1, 2022 and on or before December 31, 2024. Customer must attach documents establishing paid proof of purchase for the items applied for to the rebate application.
- If requested, a representative from Franklin Energy, San José Clean Energy, the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), or any authorized third party must be granted reasonable access to the customer’s property to verify the installed products before an incentive is paid. An incentive will not be paid if the customer refuses to participate in any required verification. A representative from Franklin Energy or other authorized third party may contact the qualifying product vendor and/or installer to verify purchase and/or installation and may provide the customer’s name and/or address to complete this verification.
- Projects may be selected for evaluation studies and/or program measurement by external contractors appointed by the CPUC. These studies are used to analyze and improve program performance. Customer must agree to participate by responding to inquiries from these external contractors.
- Incentive payments are based on related energy benefits over the life of the product. Customer must agree to maintain the energy-efficient measure specified in the incentive form 100% functional for the life of the product or a period of five (5) years from receipt of incentive funds, whichever is less, and continue to be a customer of San José Clean Energy during said time period.
- If the above ceases to be the case, customer shall refund a prorated amount of incentive dollars to San José Clean Energy based on the actual period of time for which the customer provided the related energy benefits as a customer of San José Clean Energy. This program, or individual measures, may be modified or terminated without prior notice.
- Customers and contractors are urged to consult their tax advisor concerning the taxability of incentives. San José Clean Energy, the San José Energy Efficient Business Program or Franklin Energy are not responsible for any taxes that may be imposed on me or my business as a result of receipt of this incentive.
- The selection, purchase and ownership of equipment are the sole responsibility of the customer. San José Clean Energy makes no representation as to the safety, reliability and/or efficiency of the equipment. San José Clean Energy makes no warranty, whether expressed or implied, including warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose, use or application of any product installed in connection herewith. To the maximum extent permitted by law, customer and contactor waives any and all claims against San José Clean Energy and its affiliates arising out of or in connection with the San José Energy Efficient Business Program, including my application for any incentive(s) under this program. Customer and contractor acknowledges and agrees that San José Clean Energy shall not be liable for any type of damages, whether direct, indirect, special, consequential, or punitive, regardless of the form of action.
- In no case will the San José Energy Efficient Business Program pay more than 100 percent of the actual purchase price of the items to be incentivized or the maximum allowance per unit. Purchase price includes materials cost plus installation labor for pipe insulation, fitting insulation, tank insulation, and steam traps. Labor charges apply to contractors only. Customers who self- install may not charge installation labor. Sales taxes are not included in the item’s purchase prices.
- This program has a limited budget. Incentive forms will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, until allocated funds are no longer available.
- Contractors must follow applicable permitting requirements for this installation.
- Contractor cannot receive rebates, incentives or services for the same equipment from other utilities, states or local programs funded by the Public Purpose Program Surcharge (PPPS). However, water utilities are not funded by the PPPS, and participating contractors may apply for their rebates.