- If you haven’t yet, upgrade all incandescent lightbulbs to LED lightbulbs. They use up to 90% less energy and last up to 25 times longer!
- Take a 5-minute PG&E Home Energy Checkup to learn about ways to save energy specific to your home’s usage.
- Get a free, professional energy efficiency consult through BayREN to see what improvements you can make. Take a few simple steps to receive a free toolkit (up to $70 value) with items like an advanced power strip to help you save energy when devices are idle.
- Text “CLEAN” to 833-415-2329 to receive monthly texts from us with energy-saving tips and reminders. Standard SMS fees apply, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
- See if you qualify for free assistance to weatherize your home and even upgrade appliances. Weatherized and insulated homes stay warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer, so your heater and A/C don’t have to work as hard.
- PG&E Energy Savings Assistance Program. As a PG&E customer for electric delivery, you qualify for their programs.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance and Weatherization Program (LIHEAP) through Sacred Heart Community Service
- Visit our Energy Efficiency page to find cash-back rebates for home energy improvements ranging up to $1,000. Use rebates for insulation, air and duct sealing, and more.
- Explore our Electric Homes page to find incentives for upgrading to an induction cooktop, a heat pump water heater, and more. Make your home more energy-efficient, reduce energy costs, and improve indoor air quality.
SAVE WITH TIME-OF-USE RATES
Saving electricity when demand for energy is high is important to support a cleaner and more reliable energy grid in California. Many customers are now on time-of-use (TOU) rates with higher electric rates during peak hours, so you have an extra incentive to conserve energy – to save money! Learn more about time-of-use rate plans and how to save energy during peak hours.
Easy steps and habits to put in place now
- Lower the temperature on your water heater to 120 degrees or lower. Use this guide.
- Take shorter showers and less frequent baths.
- Use cold water for most laundry loads.
- Don’t let the water run when hand washing dishes or brushing your teeth!
- Upgrade to energy efficient appliances that use less water.